CE is around 2 1/2 years old now and is apparently competing with MD to see who can talk the most. Lately she has mostly figured out the first person pronoun, “I”, but uses it for everything. Such as, “Let I do it,” except she pronounces the first word as “wet.” Other favorites are “Want I help you?” and “I can do it myself!”
After I wrote about what CE could say she started saying more.
- Cookie – for everything desert, and even snacks… makes it hard to figure out exactly
- CEF – she can say her own name now! 🙂
- Mo’ee – how she tries to say her sister’s name
- ‘side – She loves to go outside and says this often.
- Yeah – finally starting to say yes, instead of saying “no” to everything
MD gets a kick out of it just as much as CDF or I do. It’s nice that she’s trying, especially as she tends to get quite frustrated when we don’t understand what she wants (and she can’t tell us).
Every so often I like to record how and what the girls can say, especially as they’re learning to talk. CE is taking her time (at least compared to MD) and has not developed a big vocabulary yet. She is using sign language well though.
So far she can say:
- bye bye (dy dy)
- oh, I see!
- yes and no
- cat (cat, cat)
- cheese (when she wants her picture taken)
- waaaaaagh 😉
MD has also asked about how she used to say things. I got out the humidifier yesterday and we were talking about how she used to call it “menufier” and that piqued her curiosity about what else she might have said.